Our PROMATE Snorkeling Scuba Dive Gear Set SCS0043 review will provide you with all the important details, as well as pros and cons that you’ll need to know about this popular set before you decide if you should buy it or not.
The PROMATE Spectrum Snorkel Dive Gear Set
The PROMATE Snorkeling Scuba Dive Gear Set SCS0043 is a very popular and complete set that includes snorkeling fins, 100% dry snorkel with safety whistle, frameless mask and snorkeling backpack.
This PROMATE scuba diving mask is specifically designed to fit varied types of faces. It has a no-frame design complete with a huge tempered lens for safety and better view of the underwater world. For easy removal of the strap, it has a quick-release swivel buckle.
The snorkeling fins have an open heel and jet vented design. Its comfortably soft foot pocket allows you to wear these fins barefooted or while wearing socks. When it’s time to rest, you can remove its fully adjustable strap with the help of its release buttons.
The PROMATE dry snorkel was designed to help you dive all you want without swallowing water in the process using this. It fits comfortably in your mouth thanks to its pre-curved flexible silicone mouthpiece with ridged low section and it also features a silicone purge valve for effortless water draining.
The PROMATE Snorkeling Scuba Dive Gear Set also includes two backpack options (single-shoulder strap and backpack and two-shoulder straps) and a 1.25 oz McNett Sea Drops anti-fog solution.
Few More Technical Details
Shipping Weight: 8 pounds
Pros & Cons Of The PROMATE Spectrum Snorkel Set
- No water leakage issues with the PROMATE snorkeling mask.
- The huge mask lens offers a wide and unobstructed vision.
- The dry snorkel included in this set is truly ‘dry.’ It does a great job of keeping all water out for a better diving experience.
- The backpack that came with this set is surprisingly of high quality and provides ample space for two gear sets.
- The fins give enough momentum and offer a comfortable fit.
It already comes with an anti-fog solution.
- Some people have a problem breathing through the dry snorkel because it kept closing up even without water coming inside it.
- The mask can be uncomfortable and ill-fitting for people with an especially bigger nose.
- The mask fogs up really bad sometimes (get anti-fog solution).
The Bottom Line
The PROMATE Snorkeling Scuba Dive Gear Set received mixed reviews but most consumers say that they are very happy with this set. Based on the quality and performance, this is perfect for beginner scuba divers and for those planning to do some light diving.
There are really two “stars” of this set—the mask and snorkel. Shockingly, the mask provides a good seal and does a great job of preventing water from leaking inside. As advertised, the snorkel is truly 100% dry. It keeps water out and allows easy purging of water.